Sunday 26 February 2012

Homework, homework, and wait more HOMEWORK!

SUNDAY FUNDAY! Except for me it really isn't going to be.. I will be studying the day away! Which is really my own fault because I literally have done no homework all week, so this upcoming week is going to be a long nightmare. Tomorrow I have my first midterm in MIT 1200 (which I haven't started studying for and have no motivation to start.. blah) on Tuesday I have a text analysis due in History (but I have bootcamp so it balances out!), Wednesday is a Classics midterm, and Thursday is an English test.. that is just the beginning of all of the school work I have to get done! This month is going to be CRAZY, so I'm sorry if this blog gets neglected for a little bit - although I'm sure my procrastination will get the better of me and I'll blog all of my frustration; YAY for  blogs! 

Now for a little bit of an update of what I've been doing for the past couple of days. For starters I'm proud to announce that I've won two Roll Up the Rims! Woooo - that takes my Tim's count to 2 out of 5. :) Soo far I've won a coffee and a donut - I cashed in my coffee already (for my new favourite apple cinnamon tea..) and I'm gonna give my donut away to someone to enjoy - any takers?
My winning cup!
This reading week has been full of delicious meals, and definitely some things that I normally wouldn't eat, so next week I have to buckle down and get back to my normal (healthier) eating habits! Yesterday was one of those days where I splurged.. For breakfast we made Breakfast Carrot Cake - a recipe that I found on Pinterest! It was super easy to make the best part about it was the cooking time, 1 1/2 - 2 minutes in the microwave! The cake was small but filling and to top it off was a 'banana ice cream' that sweetened and made the cake a little more moistened.


Breakfast Carrot Cake pre-baked 
My addiction for pumpkin is also growing. For dinner one night I had a pumpkin puree mix that I just threw together. It included: pumpkin puree with a little bit of almond milk and a splash of plain yogurt, cinnamon, an apple, stevia, raisins, and a granola crumble! YUM - it was delish.
Pumpkin mixture
Yesterday was also a fun day because I got to see the Vow with some of my family in London! It also wasn't just a normal movie theater experience - we went VIP! Which I've never done before, and I loved it. It was a group of about 15 girls, which makes it so much more fun. There were even waiters that brought us drinks etc.! I went out of character and had a mango Bellini (I don't drink alcohol all that often..), but it was soooo good! The only part of the experience that I didn't like was the actual movie. Don't get me wrong Rachel McAdams is one of my favourite actresses and Channing Tatum is pretty nice to look at, but the ending was horrible! I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but let's just say that I was disappointed and it left me a little depressed. (Ps how much does my sister look like Rachel McAdams!? Even all of the mannerisms are alike - it's freaky..)
Rachel and I in the VIP lounge right before "The Vow"

Mango Bellini 
I ALSO went to Hana for lunch with Rachel and Rah (my grandma). I told you that this week has been  pretty food related. Other than having a new obsession with pumpkin, I have an obsession with sushi as well. Mm so good! Check it out if you're ever in Sarnia - I'm gonna invite myself.. :)

Sushi anyone?
That's pretty much everything! Now that I've taken like 45 minutes to write this post I better get studying.. wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
AliwS


2 comments:

  1. Is Hana any good?! I haven't tried it! We should really go to Veg Out some time before the year comes to an end.

    I love that you're getting on the pumpkin train. I bought two cans yesterday, then found a couple hiding in my cupboard. I can't wait to demolish them! I am going to try a mac and cheeze (vegan) with pumpkin recipe some time in the near future, I think!

    Good luck with getting back into the swing of things. Before we know it, it'll be exams, and then summer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Hana is really good (although it upset my stomach a little - too much sushi perhaps? haha)and double yes about Veg Out! Let's plan something soon. I was talking to Sabrina today and she wants to come as well! See you tomorrow night for the weekly sweat session. ;)

      Delete