Friday 2 March 2012

Things I'm loving at the moment..!

Well first of all that it's FRIDAY! Which means the weekend has begun. I strolled out of my last (and only) class at 1:30 and caught up on random TV shows while I waited for my dad to pick me up to bring me home for the weekend! Which leads me to the first topic of this post:

1. Dance Moms
I started watching this show because Caileigh introduced me to it one weekend! We literally watched almost the entire first season within 2 days. Trust me if you have not seen this show YOU NEED TO WATCH IT! It's very addicting - especially when you want to procrastinate, which is the case most of the time! Soo if you're looking for something to pass the time, or just want to be entertained, check it out, I'm sure you'll be just as addicted as me (ahem, I've already watched every episode there is to watch, ahem). (side note I just figured out how to link something in a post - woohoo blog progress!) 
Brooke, Maddie, Nia, Mackenzie, Paige, Chloe and their dance instructor Abby Lee Miller 
2. SWIMMING!
I finally took the plunge and did my first swim workout this morning and let me tell you - I LOVED IT! Getting out of bed in the morning is hard, but to get out of bed to go workout makes the grogginess all the more difficult! So to find something that was different from the norm, was a challenge, and entertaining was AWESOME! I really didn't expect it to be that difficult - I've swam before, did swimming lessons etc. and would consider myself a pretty good swimmer, but to use swimming as a workout is a completely different thing. Sabrina and I could only go for about 25 minutes before we were too tired to continue! Oh well, we'll have to build up tolerance! Another score is the pool I get to swim in is the perfect temperature and the fact that it's super nice doesn't make it all that bad either! ;)
Future bathing suit - yes please!
Or this one!
3. Waking Up Early 
Although I just complained about this in the swimming topic, getting a workout in, eating breakfast, and showering all before 10 o'clock feels pretty great! I think I could get used to this routine pretty easily. Whenever my alarm goes off I have to force myself to wake up and climb out of my warm bed, BUT once I'm up, I'm up! Surprisingly I have a lot of energy in the morning (but waves of exhaustion tend to hit me in midday). PLUS getting my workout in, in the morning would mean that I would have more time in the evening to get other things done! It's a win, win!
..and I wouldn't mind waking up to this either!

4. Kashi Granola Bars
Ok, so this week was the first time that I tried these amazing little bars! I'm normally not a fan of granola bars because I don't like the nutritional value of most of them (usually high in sugar etc.) BUT I always wanted to try a Kashi bar because of their good reputation. Soo this week while I was looking for something to eat on campus and I came across one, I bought it! It was the Trail Mix flavour and it was DELISH! As I was out shopping last night (picking up a few swimming supplies) I spotted an eighteen pack on sale! And of course I bought it.. this weekend I also plan on making some sort of homemade granola bar as well: I'm thinking PUMPKIN! 
YUM! Trail Mix is my favourite so far..
5. OPI Nail Polish 
This is just a funny coincidence! I found this yesterday at the mall and just knew I had to get it. It's the OPI Holland collection! Probably one of the most random collections for nail polish but in my eyes it's pretty awesome! There is something like 10 different colours, but I just bought the sample pack with the minis. Some of the names include - 'I Have a Herring Problem', 'Pedal Faster Suzi!', 'Red Lights Ahead... Where?', and 'Kiss Me on My Tulips'. SO CUTE! I love all the colours and the fact that it's Dutch inspired just makes it soooo much better!

OPI Holland Collection
Anywhoooo I think it's about time for bed (since I'm running on 5 hours of sleep from last night - we had ANOTHER fire alarm in Saugeen.. grrr) Goodnight!
AliwS

No comments:

Post a Comment